Thursday, August 4, 2016

Entering Nova Scotia

First day in Nova Scotia



Saturday July 30th 2016

I have been trying to catch up posting to the blog and can't find the posting I wrote for this day. I know I wrote something, it's just gone, Oh Well, it was a short post of our travel to a one night stopover. The Campground was called Elm River RV Park, as I recall it had fast WiFi and the last posts I made were from there.




As I said it was a one night stopover on our way to the western shore of the Bay of Fundy. The site was grass, we had an electric (30 amp) and water. Once we got the awning out, chairs set up and Maggie playing in her pool , it was home.


Electric power post made of 4 inch sewer pipe

Clay who was parked next to us found he had a broken blade on his power cord plug wh
en he tried to plug in. It just so happened I had a short piece of power cord with a molded 50 amp plug. We cut off his broken end and spliced in the new part. It's not very pretty but will work until we can get a proper repair plug.

Fantasy tours hosted a Hobo stew dinner at the campground. The idea is everyone brings something to add to the pot and hopefully it will simmer into something tasty or at least eatable! Millie and I didn't partake in the experiment because it was beef based and do to my red meat allergy I couldn't eat it. Clay said it wasn't bad, in fact he went back for seconds.

The only other subject of interest came about when we spoke with two different groups of Canadian's while walking Maggie. They are very interested in our presidential election and eager to speak with us about the candidates. They all believed that Trump, while appearing at times like a buffoon, was the better choice. They also all agreed that Hillary was a criminal or at best a totally corrupt politician. Just reporting what I heard folks, don't shoot the messenger!

No comments:

Post a Comment