Sunday, August 21, 2016

Anne of Green Gables

Somebody please just shoot me now!

Saturday August 13 2016

The scheduled activity for today is a bus trip to Charllotetown and attending a musical at the Confederation Center of the Arts. The play is, Anne of Green Gables and as early as yesterday afternoon Millie could sense the pending gloom. We have a combined eighty some years of marital experience and I knew I would go and not complain, she knew I was doing my husbandly duty and had zero interest in the play. I mean, it should be obvious to everyone, this is a musical stage production of a chick flick.



I don't know who broached the subject but once verbalized it didn't take a second for Clay and I to volunteer to skip the play and come home to walk our dogs, who would be in the motorhomes all day. We went to town in the jeep and did our own driving tour of the harbor and arts district before parking. We had plenty of time to walk around the arts district and do some women's style shopping which is 90% browsing and 10% buying.

Monument to Canadian soldiers of World War One

We've all eaten so much seafood up here in Canada that we were ready for something different. We chose a Chinese/Cantonese restaurant. The girls and I got Sweet and Sour Chicken and Clay got spare ribs. Everyone enjoyed their meal and soon it was time to head to the theater.

Confederation Center of the Arts

In the lobby we chatted with some of the others from our group, Clay and I were the envy of the men for having such understanding wives. When the crowd started going into the theater, we said our goodbyes and headed for the exit. We barely made it out the door when Jim came running out, saying he was going with us. On the way into the theater, his wife Thelma said she would be fine with Millie and Rebecca and for him to go home with us.

Maggie was glad to see me, she ate, took care of business, played ball and now she and I are waiting for Millie to come home on the tour bus. Life is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment