Wednesday, July 27, 2016

St John, New Brunswick

St Andrews to St John, New Brunswick

Tuesday July 26 2016.

We woke up this morning to a heavy fog covering the landscape, we didn't have to go far so we waited for the sun to burn most of it away. At 11 am we departed the village of St Andrew and drove 70 some kilometers over rolling hills and mostly wooded countryside to Saint John. Its a small city, large enough to have two Walmart's, but they're not super stores, more like neighborhood Walmart's in the states.

St John, New Brunswick


We are parked for two nights in a city owned campground in Rockwood Park here in town. Not a resort but not a bad place either. We have full utility hookups, level gravel site, two over the air TV stations, not bad at all.


Pond at Rockwood park


In the afternoon we drove to a new Costco Warehouse in town and to Walmart. On the way I noticed the jeep seemed to be very sluggish and the check engine light was one. After stopping at Costco it ran OK to Walmart, after restarting to leave the check light had cleared. We went on to a pizza shop for dinner and then home.

I put a code reader on the jeep and retrieved the following code. P1763. It is a transmission code, I'm going to see if it comes back before I do anything. I am towing it with the motorhome so I have the ability to get it to a dealer at my convenience should it recur.



I now have cell phone and text service via roaming thru Moose-Fart Phone Co, but no data. So much for Verizon's new International Plan! The campground WiFi, apparently built by A.G. Bell, it seems to go on and off throughout the day, but I will attempt to post to the blog before we move on to the Bay of Fundy.

PS: We have heat on in the motorhome tonight!






No comments:

Post a Comment