Monday, July 18, 2016

Delaware

I have friends who embarked on a motorhome vacation two days before Millie and I left Myrtle Beach. They are a young family of four plus one dog, they've traveled from Maryland to New England, dropped back down thru New York City before turning west to Nashville. After a whirlwind tour of the music city they are now on the road heading west.

Meanwhile, Millie and I have traveled from South Carolina to Delaware.

I've been following theirs posts on Facebook and have deduced that they have an schedule full of activities as they crisscross the country. I know the Martin children will have memories that will last a lifetime, I think the parents will survive, the dog will just be happy to be with his family, no matter where they are!

Meanwhile, Millie and I have had no hard plans, scaled down our activities because of the heat and are surviving nicely. Our dog is happy to be with us no matter where we are!


The Martin family


I was pondering our different forms of travel recently because in a few days we will be joining a guided caravan tour. For 27 days we will be traveling and being tourists on a schedule. This is a heck of a time to think of this, but I'm not so sure about all that regimentation. Millie and I have mastered the leisure life style that eludes many people we see out here on the road. We are perfectly happy in the motorhome, doesn't matter where we're going or when we get there. Anyhow, the trip is paid for, we join the group this week and then we're off to Canada, details to follow!

Mom Midash and Maggie


Our stay here in Delaware was primarily to visit with my parents. They are in their early nineties and still living independently (kind of independently) in the home they've had since the 1950's. I have two brothers in Delaware who help them, Dave who lives close by, checks on them everyday.

My father has Macular Degeneration and some form of Dementia/alzheimers and my mother has to stay with him all the time unless one of the family gives her a break. After discussing it with my brother Dave we enrolled Dad in the VA medical program. Enrollment will give Mom access to the Caregiver support system, our goal is to get her some in-home help.

Besides my parents we also got to spend time with my son and his family, got to meet my granddaughter Delaney's boyfriend (I'm feeling old!) and visited some old friends.

Larry with Kristie and LJ



Dinner with good friends


My granddaughter Delaney
My friend Stanley in front of his new garage

Tomorrow morning we head north to Stuyvesant Falls, New York.



No comments:

Post a Comment