Saturday, July 9, 2016

Canada bound!

The little black circles don't mean anything. When I move the computer generated route line to the road I want to use it leaves the circles. In this instance the computer routed us up I-95, I pulled the line over to rt 17.


Leaving home for an extended period is always a little unsettling. As practiced as we are, we're always concerned we'll forget something or not secure the condo properly. This trip we thought we were pretty near ready to go and discussed leaving midday on Friday. Not wanting to rush and forget something, I decided to stick with the plan and leave on Saturday. Feeling a bit smug with our preparations we rolled up the road and didn't realize we forgot Maggie's dog food until we stopped to eat in New Bern North Carolina. So much for all our check lists!

As we've been doing for a few years our preferred route is Hwy 17 up through North Carolina. Usually at Virginia beach we take the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel to the eastern shore and then drive Route 13 up to northern Delaware, which where I was raised and still home to my family. This trip, because we are laying over two nights in Newport News Virginia, I will stay on Rt 17 up through Virginia on the western side of the Chesapeake Bay. That's a story for another day, tomorrow we visit with Millie's kin here in Newport News.

No fuel fills yet. We drove 340 miles, staying at Newport News Park Campground, a city owned park. Cost with senior discount is $33.92 per night. Brunch at Bojangles=$13, dinner in the motorhome=$0.

No comments:

Post a Comment