Monday, December 26, 2016

Thats all folks!

This will be the last posting to the 2016 Dispatch. We won't be traveling until Millie comes back from New Mexico and my life is pretty boring without her, so I don't have much to write about. For example, today I changed the sheets on the bed and did laundry, nuff said.

This is the first time the blog has run right up to years end so I guess some reminiscing is in order.

There have been births and deaths in the extended family. We're sad for the departed and joyous for the new family members, time and life goes on. In our immediate family, my 93 year old father passed on earlier this month. In the end he died peacefully at home with my mother and my brothers family at his side. It was very appropriate for him to be home, he lived there for 60 years and never wanted to be anywhere else.

Travels in the motorhome


Millie and I traveled extensively in 2016 and got to see and do a lot. From the tip of Florida to the coast of Canada we took in tourist attractions and spectacular scenery. We enjoyed live theater and lively concerts. We flew in a vintage Dehavilland Beaver and a space shuttle simulator. As we do in all our trips we visited with family and friends as much as possible.

Airline travels


So I'm writing this last post on Christmas day while sitting in the laundromat. Millie is 2000 some miles away in New Mexico. It may sound strange that we are apart during the holidays, but it works for us. Nothing brings more joy to Millie than being with her daughter at Christmas and I am comfortable being alone. I'll keep the motorhome secure and take care of Maggie while she's gone. Besides, these occasional weeks apart make me realize how much she means to me.

The 2017 Dispatch from the Road will start next week. As soon as Millie and I are together once again, we will depart Orlando and head south to Florida City.

Stay safe, stay warm and

we'll see you down the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment