Tuesday, December 20, 2016

I should have known better

I should have known better. We drove to a Verizon store in Winter Garden yesterday, to pick up a new Jetpack Mifi for internet access in the motorhome. Our old had died, it was the same one the Verizon store employee told me worked perfectly before we left for Canada and of course it didn't.

I had purchased this new MIFI online with in store pickup, when we arrived at the store they just handed me a small bag with a box inside. It reminded me of a Happy meal. I held up the bag and asked the clerk if it was ready to go, absolutely she assured me.

Three hours after we got home, after several long holds, the third service tech I spoke with was able to activate it. Apparently someone at Verizon tried to activate a refurbished Jetpack I purchased about a year ago. I told the tech person I had thrown that one away after it caught fire. Finally after deleting the inoperative broadband receiver/router and the burnt up MIFI from my account they were able to activate the new WIFI.

If the other nationwide 4G providers get the same area coverage as Verizon, I think I may have to give one of them a try.


No comments:

Post a Comment